Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Thursday 7 April 2011

This weekend - ready... steady... go!

Well, the sun is out, the temperature is up and this weekend sees the start of my craft fair season when I am usually at a fair or market every weekend (I have tried to plan the odd one off to rebuild stock levels) and what better way to start than at one of the most wonderful of venues - Lancing College in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex.

Lancing College - an impressive and beautiful building
It is one of the things I really love about being at fairs that we get to meet some wonderful people and see some of the fantastic locations in the south east of England.   I have to admit that Lancing is one of my absolute favourites, not only for the venue itself but also because this is a 'maker only' fair so everything on display is hand made by the stallholder.

In these tough times, it is so important to support local smaller businesses and by buying at fairs like this, you are doing just that.  

Beautiful architecture at Lancing
The weather is due to be very nice over the weekend and whilst this is an indoor show, there are some lovely outdoor areas to sit and enjoy the sunshine in between your shopping.

The show takes place on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th April from 10.30am to 4.30pm.

Our stall is located in one of the smaller classrooms off the main hall and all the new designs I have been working on will be on display there.

However, if you can't make it this weekend, you can of course shop online at www.studiocrafts.net and get hold of the decorations you desire!

  
Handmade Peelable Window Decorations - whatever you want from florals to campervans to animals like this great tiger all available at www.studiocrafts.net and at our stall at craft fairs.

And, of course, don't forget your Easter decorations like this really cute bunny with eggs


So I am ready for the rollercoaster of fairs to get into full swing - bring on the stupid o'clock mornings - I'm ready for you!  (not..)

Oh, and for those who are wondering, Buddy the Blue Tit is still visiting me every day.   Fortunately, he must have read my appeal for an adjustment to his previous 6am alarm call and now he comes along at 7am (much more reasonable!).  Yesterday he brought a friend to show off his best window bumping moves (hubby decided that the other poor bird was probably on the worst date ever!) Don't know what I am talking about?  You can read about my new friend here

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing and I hope to see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the fair, I am sure you will do fantastically well.

    Glad to hear Buddy has adjusted his body clock x

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least buddy the blue tit has some sense of time. The cockerels at the farm over the road have no sense of time whatsover. They cock-a-doodle-do anytime during the day and night, and I do mean anytime. Plus have you ever seen a cockerel or hen up a tree?! Crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lancing College looks lovely, I'm not too far from Cambridge and I love the architecture there.

    I was watching the blue tits picking moss out of the 'lawn' to line their nests.

    Beau, we have a-doodle-do here too, not seen one up a tree yet though.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at the fairs - I am in awe of your lovely work, as usual! Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at the fair :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx