Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Quick Update

Just thought I would do a quick update to let you all know what has been going on here - especially as I haven't posted any blog entries for a while!

It has been a pretty full on couple of weeks making stock after a busy weekend at the Spring Garden & Leisure show at Ardingly Showground at the beginning of the month - absolutely rubbish weather but fortunately as our stall was inside the Norfolk Pavilion, people were encouraged to come in to escape the elements!

The following week, we had a charity fair for The Horder Centre in Crowborough.   One of the really great things about crafting is the ability to help wonderful charitable causes whilst also introducing my craft to a new audience.  Again, the weather was not in our favour which in this case I am sure actually kept people at home so we weren't as busy as we could have been.   The event was opened by Kim Woodburn of 'How Clean is your House?' and 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!' fame and she spent some time going around the stalls with her husband.  We had quite a long chat about my peelable stained glass - she was either very impressed with the concept or an exceptional actress!!  She did also take a card with her so you never know....  I have, after all, made a sale to Leila Morse (Mo in Eastenders) so I am already supplying to celebrities!!

Watch this space....

3 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going well Ali, and get you with your celebrity connections :)

    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You don't know Jedward by any chance ;)

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sorry Mick, our paths haven't crossed yet! You will just have to make do with looking at your keyring for now!

    If ever I meet them, I will mention your name!! LOL!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx