Welcome to the blog for Ali's Craft Studio by Alison Lloyd. I am a crafter of peelable stained glass designs & handpainted keyrings and I look forward to sharing with you my news direct from Kent (the Garden of England)

Make sure you visit the shop at www.studiocrafts.net to purchase your own handmade decorations to bring fun and colour into every corner of your home

Pages

Sunday 25 April 2010

Spring Joy and looking forward to next weekend...

What a beautiful day it was yesterday!   I had my stall in Bromley Market and it was glorious, sunny and warm!

The shoppers were out and the mood was noticibly lifted by the sunshine and, unusually for Bromley High Street, the winds were light - just enough to ease the heat and give a pleasant feel to the day.

This morning is very different - we have rain (albeit with a fresh and pleasant 'just rained' smell in the air and a warm temperature) which is ideal for all the thousands running in today's London Marathon but I would be less than impressed if yesterday had been the same...

It was wonderful to see quite a few of my customers who I haven't seen for a while and lots of new ones.  One of the great joys of craft fairs and markets is being able to have lots of interaction with my customers, old and new, and yesterday was no exception.   I had a great stall position and set up at the beginning of the High Street (hopefully it will become my regular spot!!) - the only down side being that it is opposite the fish van.  Now I am sure you think this is a down side because of smell or something similar but you're wrong!  My problem is that I LOVE fish and spent all day craving a big bag of unpeeled prawns!!  I decided that it wouldn't be advisable for me or my stall to be stinking of fish all day so resisted!

Next weekend is a Bank Holiday and on Sunday and Monday I will be at the Spring Garden & Leisure show run by The South of England Agricultural Society at The South of England Showground, Ardingly (our stall is inside the Norfolk Pavilion where you will find lots of wonderful craft stalls as well as the English Garden Roadshow).  

Open from 9am to 5pm daily, there are hundreds of stalls and attractions for all the family from crafts, home, leisure and horticultural stalls, animal competitions including one of the largest Alpaca & Llama competitions in Europe and an open dog show which is a qualifier for Crufts.  I am very excited about this as I love Alpacas and Llamas - our stall is by a window near where the Alpaca and Llama display is so if I can see them from the stall, oh I will be in seventh heaven!!  (OK maybe that may be asking too much but I can hope!!)

The Sussex & Surrey Air Ambulance are giving visitors the opportunity to look around an operational helicopter and mini operating theatre and throughout the show musical entertainment will be provided by the Petworth Town Band and Kausary Peruvian Band.   All in all, a great day out for all the family!

Hope you all had a great day yesterday and managed to enjoy the Spring sunshine.   I hope this is the start of some terrific weather - it does make a difference to everyone's mood, including mine and long may it continue....

3 comments:

  1. So glad the weather was good for you yesterday. I have my fingers crossed that you get that spot on a regular basis xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday, and yes the smell of fish would make me crave for some too!

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love llamas and alpacas, too! I have always wanted a few...lots of people around here raise them. They are so expensive, though. Sounds like a wonderful market and a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog xx